Sunday, November 26, 2006

TV Shows I'm Watching - Heroes Episode 4

Episode 4 - Collision - **1/2 out of 4

I'll admit, flying boy has me intrigued now (the non-politican brother). Maybe he's got more going on than I at first expected - kind of a Rogue-style power stealer without the nasty side effects. And by pairing him up with Suresh I feel like these two dormant storylines have been given a much needed injection of...well... life.

In Collision we find the heroes starting to come together in their respective cities, which seem to be Las Vegas, New York, and Los Angeles (although not much is happening in LA this go around).

I have to admit I was kind of hoping for more though...these collisions aren't really too spectacular...until the very last minute which really saves this episode.

Hiro has a comedic subplot about using his powers to gamble. Claire tries to deal with the fact that she was murdered in the previous episode by the quarterback. Matt's been kidnapped by Claire's dad. Nothing earth shattering, but nothing too boring.

We also finally see a bit more of Niki's power when we are introduced to her doppelganger. She has to seduce flying politician brother in order to get rid of her mobster debt. Again, this storyline just isn't really working for me yet, but I definitely liked seeing the doppelganger in action (ahh the old heel through the skull threat).

However, the episode has a really great cliffhanger ending that hopefully means the next episode will be a teensy bit more interesting.

No comments: